1-year-old in Akron Dies From Opioid Overdose
Another disturbing story about the opioid crisis:
A one year old boy in Akron has died after overdosing on opioids. The infant’s nine year old brother noticed that he was not breathing and called 911. The boy was given a dose of Narcan by the paramedics when they arrived at the home and again when he arrived at the hospital. The infant died a few days later at Akron Children’s Hospital.
The boy’s mother ran away from the home following the overdose, police said. She was later arrested on an unrelated warrant out of Portage County.
Summit County Children Services took custody of the boy and his two siblings following the incident.
At least three Akron children have overdosed on opioids in the past three months.
To read more from Cleveland.com, click here.